Major Modifications to the Historic Montreal Forum
As the sole structural consultants for this $75,000,000.00 project, we successfully responded to the following structural challenges:
- Temporary stabilization of the 75 foot high perimeter walls by a system of vertical trusses.
- Shoring, underpinning and construction of up to 37 foot deep freestanding concrete foundation walls.
- Reconstruction of 2 levels below ground plus 4 levels above ground representing approximately 2000 tons of new structural steel all added within the existing Forum Building.
- Complex modifications to the existing column-free roof structure.
- Coordination of structure with numerous architectural representatives of the various major tenants including fit-up for 22 new cinemas on 3 levels.